Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Layers of Color

A time to rest.


A Time to Rest - Acrylic on Terraskin WIP




Here is one I am working on. I snapped this photo while at a local rodeo of a horse waiting his turn along the ringside fence. I wonder if he like watching the rodeo as much as being in it? I started with a sketch in pencil, then started layering really thin washes of acrylic color. I have not used any gloss medium...yet, but starting to contemplate that. I actually started this one while on a road trip a couple weeks ago. It is quite the challenge to do such an elaborate sketch while moving down the road! It takes some getting used to and a few odd lines here and there, but not impossible. Hope to have this one completed soon, but working on a very large woodlands oil painting right now ( a Christmas present ) which is taking up my creative energy.



Quote of the Day:



Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. 

Thomas Edison


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...